Garage Door Spring Repair in Pflugerville
Call us at 512-258-7878 to replace your garage door spring. As always, at Advanced Garage Door, when you call, you speak with the owner. You won’t get a salesman. What you WILL get is honesty, high quality service & products, at a fair price. Check out our reviews here. With five decades and two generations of service, we know garage doors, and we are experts in replacing garage door springs. Garage door spring replacement should only be done by a professional.
Your garage door’s spring is an integral component of its function — without an intact spring, the door won’t open or close properly, affecting the performance of your garage opener. However, because the spring is one of the door’s hardest-working parts, it is also more vulnerable to wear and damage over time. Due to the extremely high tension of a garage door spring, garage door spring repair should only be done by a professional, as there is danger of personal harm if not done properly.
Get a price over the phone: call 512-258-7878
We carry the right size spring for your garage and can give you a price over the phone. Most hardware stores do not carry the right size garage door spring with the standard life expectancy of 20,000 revolutions. We also offer emergency services rated springs that will last for 20 years or longer. At Advanced Garage Door, we offer fast and effective garage door spring repair in Pflugerville and the Austin Area. We can quickly evaluate and solve torsion and extension spring problems, and restore the function of your overhead door. Call 512-258-7878 today to schedule an appointment to repair your garage door springs.
Three Signs Your Garage Door Spring is Failing
Properly-installed extension and torsion springs should last an average of 7-9 years, depending on the frequency with which you use your garage door and the weight of the garage door itself. Garage door springs carry a tension more powerful than a 12 gauge shotgun! Call Advanced Garage Door at 512-258-7878 today to have a new garage door spring replacement done by a professional.
- As the springs wear out, they can no longer support the weight of the door properly and your opener will begin having difficulty moving the door. A garage door opener that appears to be struggling to lift or lower the door may be suffering from a worn or failing spring.
- If your garage door appears to be crooked, either while resting on the ground or when it is open overhead, it’s time to call for garage door spring repair.
- Garage door springs that appear elongated, show clear separation between two or more coils, or are coated in rust should be examined and repaired by a professional.
How Garage Door Springs Work
Your automatic garage door opens and closes at the touch of a button, offering the utmost in convenience and garage accessibility. However, garage doors can be quite heavy — it is the spring that offsets the weight of the door so your garage door opener can more easily move the door along the tracks. Call us at 512-258-7878 today.
Knowing the type of spring your garage door uses can help you more easily spot signs of trouble and understand the factors that affect spring function. Because of the incredibly high tension of a garage door spring, garage door spring replacement is a project best left to professionals. If you are a DIY type of person, it is best to skip this project due to the high risk of personal harm. Call us today at 512-258-7878.
- Torsion springs are generally mounted directly above your garage door at the front of your garage, although they can also be mounted at the rear of the garage if there is not enough room at the front. The torsion spring balances the door so the opener uses the same amount of force to open and close the door.
- Extension springs are generally mounted above the tracks on which your garage door moves, but they may also be mounted vertically on the walls of your garage. These springs use force to pull the door upward as it opens, offsetting the force of gravity.
By calling us at 512-258-7878 to set up an estimate, we can help you determine if your garage door needs a simple garage door spring replacement, or if it is suffering from a more serious ailment and requires more work. We have the experience to diagnose and replace any type of garage door spring. With our five decades and two generations in the business, you won’t regret making us your first choice in garage door repair.