Garage Door Opener Repair in Austin
A reliable garage door opener provides convenience and peace of mind whenever you need to access your garage. Advanced Garage Door is pleased to offer complete garage door opener services, including garage door opener installation and garage door opener repair in Pflugerville and Austin. Our technicians can help you choose the right model for your needs and keep it running for years with our excellent inventory of Liftmaster parts and remotes.
Types of Garage Door Openers
Whether you are installing an entirely new garage door or simply updating your garage door opener system, there are several options to consider. New innovations in garage door opener technology have expanded the solutions available to you for quiet, efficient garage door operation.
- Chain openers are some of the most commonly-used garage door opener systems on the market. This type of garage door opener uses a chain attached to a metal trolley to open and close the door; while chain drives can create noise and vibrations, newer models offer quiet and efficient function.
- Screw drives use a long, threaded rod to move the trolley that opens and closes the door; a screw drive has fewer moving parts than a chain drive, and is thus a quieter solution.
- Belt drives are very quiet systems, as they use a rubber, fiberglass, or polyurethane belt to move the trolley attached to the door, which eliminates any metal-on-metal motion.
- Jackshaft openers are newer garage door opener systems that mount beside, rather than above, the door. These systems turn the torsion spring directly to move the door up and down, and are known for their quiet and reliable function.
- Direct drive openers also have no associated trolly—instead, the motor itself moves along a stationary chain to open and close the garage door.
Top Garage Door Opener Problems
While modern garage doors and openers are designed to last for thousands of cycles without incident, sometimes problems do occur. You should always call in a professional to handle garage door opener repair and replacement—it will save you money and time in the long run. You can reach Advanced Garage Door by phone at (512) 258-7878 to discuss your options or schedule service today.
- Power issues can cause your garage door opener to fail to respond to commands. These issues range from drained transmitter batteries to damaged or deteriorating wiring responsible for powering the motor directly.
- Problems with the chain, screw, or belt that helps to move the door can cause jerky or slow garage door motion; broken chains and belts or stripped screws can prevent motion from occurring at all.
- An issue with the open and close limit settings of your garage door opener can affect the system’s ability to gauge when the door is fully open or closed, disrupting proper function.
No matter what make or model your garage door opener is, we can service it. If you need it replaced, we only replace it with the best garage door opener on the market: Liftmaster. In my experience, Liftmaster is the best garage door opener available because everything about it is commercial grade – it’s all built to last. We are an authorized Liftmaster dealer in the Austin area and I can assure you of the quality of the product.
Whether your garage door runs on a belt, chain, or doesn’t run at all, Advanced Garage Door has the expertise you need to get immediate and easy access to your garage. For more information on our door opener repair services, call (512) 258-7878. Contact us now to receive an estimate!